Need help so much

Ochbayar

Hey All!

I'm begining engineer and i'm not so familiar with AB controllers. In our plant we are using ControlLogix 1756-L55/A i did upgrade from 15.03 to 16.22 but after that is showing me IO not responding also IO modules has only "OK" indication light, no Input signals lights. that error shows on PV+ communication module (I using 2 separate network module 1 for PC and another one for PV+). I tried delete and create it again but still no result it was worked good before upgrade :confused: Is it possible to downgrade the controller without damage? Any suggestion why it is not communicating?

did you download (reinstall) the program into the processor after you changed the firmware? ...

upgrading the firmware is like formatting a computer hard disk - it erases/deletes/clears all of the program from the processor ...

can you go online (connect and communicate) with the processor using a copy of RSLogix5000 Version 16? ... is the program in there? ...

here is a recent thread that might help ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=519982&postcount=5

question: do you have a copy of the program in version 15?

question: do you have a copy of the program in version 16?

question: what was your reason for upgrading the processor's firmware? ... why did you do it? ...

Last edited:
Thank you Ron for answer!!

1. Yes I have original source of the program and when I upgraded old program was erased so I changed the version(maybe i converted it wrong...?) of project in the properties and downloaded

2. Yes I can go online and see my project but it looks like a dead project cuz no inputs is apearing but i can see only one output signal light on my module

3. I did that because I just started working on PLC and that time I hadn't appropriate versions of AB(had only v19) so I thought if I will upgrade my controller then my software will recognize the controller and go online and that was my BIGGEST MISTAKE :(

if you're still having problems, I recommend that you post BOTH versions of the program files and let us take a look at them for you ...

note that you'll have to ZIP the ACD program files before you can post them (forum rule) ...

if the files are too big even when zipped, then open each file - and do a "File - Save As" operation and set the file type for "L5K" (Import/Export) ...

the L5K files will be much smaller than the ACD files ...

you'll still have to zip them before posting them (forum rule) but if you can post them here, we'll see if we can spot whatever is wrong ...

so I thought if I will upgrade my controller then my software will recognize the controller and go online and that was my BIGGEST MISTAKE :(

trust me - you're not the first person who has made that mistake ...

Last edited:
Hi

1 sorry to ask a dump question but is your controller in program mode.
2 did you check the firmware of your cards in the rack with the version you have flashed your processor to. You can check the firmware of your cards by right clicking on them in rs Linx. If you post the firmware of all your cards I can check them for you if you can not find the matrix on Ab.com

As for the pv plus , have you got the file and have you got rs view me and if you have check the runtime path under rs Linx entetprise tab on the bottom of your project tree.

As already said if you could post the code we could look at it for you but sometimes I know people don't want to do that

Donnchadh

see if these ideas help ...

I'm wondering why all (I repeat ALL) of your digital inputs were OFF ...

the value "368" in the Accumulator of Timer T4[0] indicates that your processor was "probably" in the Run mode when you saved the V16 program that you've posted ... so the question remains: "why were ALL of the input signals OFF?" ...

so far as I've been able to tell from here, the configuration for V16 is OK - so that points to a possible electrical problem (with the power source or the return path) for your input modules ...

the documentation for input Local:1.I.Data.0 is "CONTROL POWER FAIL RELAY MONITOR" ... I haven't had time to go completely through your logic, but I've got a hunch that if that particular bit is OFF - then not much else in your system is going to work ... and ... that bit is ON in your V15 program - but it's OFF in your V16 program ...

hope this helps ...

no_inputs_on.jpg

Last edited:
Great trouble-shooting, Ron

well, maybe ... but the "trouble" is way over in Mongolia – so it remains to be seen just how close to the target I can "shoot" from Charleston, SC, USA ...

also IO modules has only "OK" indication light, no Input signals lights.

that seems to indicate a problem with the electrical part of the input signals ...

I've never worked with the 1756-IM16I modules that our Original Poster is using ... they've got 16 ISOLATED inputs – rated for 159 to 265 Volts AC ... over here that would usually boil down to TWO "hot" wires – (not sure how Mongolian power systems work) ... but regardless, it sure doesn't sound like we've got a good current path for one reason or another ...

I ran a COMPARE of the two programs and nothing "weird" about the conversion jumped out at me ...

so – let's wait and see ...

Thank you Ron, you been Right!! One push button was pushed off that is why all inputs were doesn't appeared and PV+ had not any control on that. When I'm pushed on the entire system was alived in on sec and I could run the system [i thought that i destroyed the system ]

Right now I have only one warning(IO not responding) on one of Ethernet card which is for PV+. Is this just warning or that one need to be fixed?

- my PV+ can take advantage on the system and run. I checked the IP addresses for me seems configuration is ok

thank you Ron one more time!!!

Untitled.jpg