XML file question

MaintMike

I'm just starting to look at this and I am wondering what is possible. Our server is getting a XML file from a Beckhoff PLC. There are two pieces of information I am interested in. One is a count and the other is a status bit. The information updates about every 5 seconds. What I am curious about is if I can use Microsoft Excel to write the count to a spread sheet every time the status bit goes from 0 to 1? Can one use something like VB to achieve this? I’m just looking for some direction here and as the project take shape, and then I may ask for details.:confused:

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for time and effort.

We have a machine with a Beckhoff PLC, and a VB aplication which gets values directly from the PLC. Then we process those values to txt files.