s7200 plc cable for wincc

freeze

Hi everyone
I needto know what kind of cable we need for s7200 plc to interface it with wincc. Wincc doesnot supports usb-ppi cable. There is a serial Rs232-ppi cable with two male ports.
Do i need some special adapter or other hardware to interface it with wincc?

Regards
Freeze

Do i need some special adapter or other hardware to interface it with wincc?
Yes. The RS232-PPI interface is a data-driven RS485-RS232 converter. The PPI side is RS485, the WinCC (or PC) side is RS232. You can make the cable your self, schematics are all around the internet. If you use the search function on the forum you might even find some schematics here.

Kind regards,

Yes. The RS232-PPI interface is a data-driven RS485-RS232 converter. The PPI side is RS485, the WinCC (or PC) side is RS232. You can make the cable your self, schematics are all around the internet. If you use the search function on the forum you might even find some schematics here.

Kind regards,

Thank you for your help. I Google for schemetic of cable schemetic. I got one, I am uploading the schemetic. May be you can look if this is the one I should start building. Also are there any types of drivers associated?

Best Regards
Freeze

ppi_ca10.jpg

Last edited:
This converter uses CTS to change the direction of the data stream. The original PC/PPI cable is data driven, on the RS232 side only three wires are used: TxD, RxD and GND. Furtermore, this converter needs a power supply. In the original cable the power is drawn directly from the PLC. The schematic on http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5746/shemas7wr1.jpg does exactly what the original cable does and is simpler than the one you have found.

Kind regards,

This converter uses CTS to change the direction of the data stream. The original PC/PPI cable is data driven, on the RS232 side only three wires are used: TxD, RxD and GND. Furtermore, this converter needs a power supply. In the original cable the power is drawn directly from the PLC. The schematic on http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5746/shemas7wr1.jpg does exactly what the original cable does and is simpler than the one you have found.

Kind regards,

Thankyou for the help. Lets hope I shall have the interface soon as soon as the cable is finished.

Regards
Freeze

hi to all
this is my shematic that you have, I do not know that I had posted on the internet? (shematic is me, the design and study not.)
RS232/RS485 interface that works for me for 4 years without any problems
I am looking to do the same thing but USB / PPI
is this possible? a schematic exists?
thanks

Kind regards,

Hi! Could you please reupload the schematics. Thank you very much sir!

Hi! Could you please reupload the schematics. Thank you very much sir!
Sorry, I can't because I've never did it in the first place. I only posted a link to a page where you could find a schematic. The link seems to be dead, so all I can do (and I did) is look for a similar circuit on the web. This link is what I've come up with. This is also a fairly simple data driven RS232-RS485 converter. They only call it one that 'controls the "Receive" and "Transmit" modes automatically', which ultimately means the same.