Producer consumer question

im trying to set up some producer/consumer tags to a couple of control logixs
im getting this error in 1 of them
code 16#0108 connection request error: Connection type (mulitcast/unicast) not supported
any input on this error would be great
thanks

i have a 1756-L55 rev 16.3, that conroller seems fine with the connection
the other controller is a 1756-L63 rev 18.11, which is the one with the fault

Are you trying to Produce an L55 physical module tag or a Program Scoped Tag(and Consume it within the L63) or it is just a L55 "generic" Controller Scoped Tag?

The Unicast feature ( related to the error you are experiencing) is selectable on Rev 16 controllers.
When you are creating the L55 Produced Tag you will have to check the "Allow Unicast Consumer Connections " option.

Last edited: