Highlight button multiple clients

jparker83

Ok, I have a conundrum of a problem here. Although this is extra, having it would make this look a lot better than a title at the top of each page.

I have a 3 clients total, 2 by our main operator, and one in our VFD House.

What I am trying to do is show whatever screen you are on, it is highlighted in our bottom bar (which is a global object). Sounds simple enough, this is where it gets confusing.

So say our operator is on client A which is on Screen A and on Client B, which is on Screen X, and a technician in the VFD House is on Client C and he is on Screen G. What needs to happen is that the screens that they are viewing are showing them that it is the active page. How would one accomplish this? I am fresh out of ideas, and I am trying to avoid VBA as much as possible.

Let me see if I understood your problem...

You have a global object at the bottom of the screen which has buttons to navigate to the various operator screens. You want to indicate which screen is active on the bar. We on the same page?

Basically, the key is you need HMI tags to do it. That keeps each station independent. There are several ways to do this, but here is one.

Add an animation to each button. For instance, change it's color based on a HMI tag "ShowingScreen" = 1 for the first button. Then "= 2" for the next button and so on.

On the first screen, under Display Settings - Behavior - Commands - Startup add "&Set ShowingScreen 1" and on Shutdown add ""&Set ShowingScreen 0". The other screens would use 2, 3 etc.

That should get you going.

@mellis

Tried this today, and it started to work, but as soon as I tried changing the screen, it showed the color on the button and then went away, checked the tag, while changing screens, and it would force a 0, everytime I navigated to other screens.

Now this could be our HMI server going slow and the shutdown command going to slow.

So I guess I am back to the drawing board.