OPC C# reading unspecified tags

Patient

I'm in the beginning processes of creating an app in C# and want to be able to view tag names in an AB compact logix. Is there a way I can do this without specifying exactly what the tag I am trying to see is. For example if I wanted to see what the tag names were for all the DINTs in my PLC program.

Are you intending to write an OPC Server or client? I'm assuming you are using an OPC server & writing a client, there are examples from many OPC server suppliers like Kepware etc. who supply examples of client code in C C# & VB I'm sure they have one for OPC browser however I believe this only browses the tags in the server not those of the plc.
I'm not sure that clx plc will cater for tag browsing.

I'd "Export" the project's Tags and Logic Comments to a .csv file (RSL5K Menu Bar/Tools/Export) and then search the Excel file Column E (DATATYPE)for DINT.

Last edited: