2711P-RW2 compact flash

bright676

I was given this cf card with PV PLUS/ME 4.00.11 on it. How do I install it on my lap top?

I can open the programs to see the files but I dont see one that says install in it.

Do I need to install panel builder32 for it to run?
Thanks

That card is essentially the solid-state "hard drive" of a PanelView Plus terminal. It includes not only the partition you can access when you insert it into a card reader, but also hidden partitions containing the PanelView Plus operating system and runtime software.

You cannot "install" FactoryTalk View ME on a PC using that card.

What you might be able to do is retrieve the Runtime file (*.MER) from that card, if it happens to be stored there, and run that on a PC that has FactoryTalk View ME Runtime software installed, or transfer it to another PanelView Plus terminal.

What is your objective ?

You're going to need "FactoryTalk View Studio ME" software, which is the editing package for PanelView Plus applications. Last time I bought a copy it retailed for about $600.

Get in touch with your local Rockwell Automation distributor and see if they have any tradeshows or seminars coming up that include PanelView Plus sessions. That's a good, cheap way to get your hands dirty with the software.