a little direction

harvniu

I am new to PLCs and am taking classes at the local college. I am interested in eventually starting my own business as an automation engineer/consultant. Are thereany tips/advice that would be helpful? Thank you.

I am new to PLCs and am taking classes at the local college. I am interested in eventually starting my own business as an automation engineer/consultant. Are thereany tips/advice that would be helpful? Thank you.

i would first get a few years of field experience. but that is just my opinion. i know i seen someone else say that the best way to start an automation company is to find a niche market. something that you can do locally that someone else from farther away usually does. contacts also help. as does 24hr call out to get those service calls. it was installed by (somebigautomationcompany) but they wont be here for 20 hours. you are there say in 1. and you save the day. now they start calling you more and more. lol. those are just a few things that i can think of. also i would suggest documenting what you do for anyone aznd everyone so u cant be held liable for someone elses mistakes. also have some kind of insurance...