s7 online CPU greyed out

jdf

Hello All,

When looking online with one of our Step 7 projects the CPU is greyed out and so is the CP card, normally you would see if the CPU or CP card had any errors present or a blue! Nether shows up. Could some one please be kind enough to explain what, if any the significance of this is? I have searched this forum and tried to search Siemens website not turned anything up.

Thank you in advance

Jon

You mean when you use Station .. Open ONLINE in the HW Configuration ?
If not, post a screenshot.
What happens if you try to view the Module Information of the CPU ?
What happens if you try to monitor some blocks online ?

Ths is what the online help in STEP7 says:
The icons of the nodes that were configured nodes but are not available online are grayed out. In this case, the displayed object properties are the data of the offline configuration.

Hi Jesper,

Thank your for your replies. Yes I did mean when in Simatic Manager, view on line. Strangely I could open and monitor blocks, when I went back to it to grab a screen shot it was back to normal??

Jon