comparison between s7-300 and s7-1200

You realise your comparing two different levels of PLC. The S7-1200 is a replacement to the S7-200, its in the small PLC range.

The S7-300 is a medium to large PLC.

The problem im facing is that i have to do the automation in which I/O i have to deal with is near to the maximum limit of the I/O provided in s7-1200. and if i switch to s7-300 it will b under used because of it cost... so i want to compare them properly before making a decision in selecting the series to make a cost efficient yet fully functional project...

The problem im facing is that i have to do the automation in which I/O i have to deal with is near to the maximum limit of the I/O provided in s7-1200. and if i switch to s7-300 it will b under used because of it cost... so i want to compare them properly before making a decision in selecting the series to make a cost efficient yet fully functional project...

And how much DI/DQ/AI/AQ do you need?

approximately 15 AI/ 2AO / 20DO and 12-15DI... but this is a rough figure i may increase to some more I/O .. so if it increases i will have to suffer because the machine have no paper work left and the study have provided us with this amount of I/O but during the process if we over come some problem , we may need some more I/O.. so suggest me a proper PLC ... i m the student of final year of industrial electronics and this is my final year project and i have less knowledge of PLC models as compare to professional... Your help will b grateful