PLC 5/40E Ethernet

G
I have a PLC 5/40E that I would like to put on an Ethernet network. What do I use to go from the 15 pin Channel 2 to RJ45 connection? Where can I buy one locally in the Portland, OR area?

You will need device called AUI twisted pair transmitter.
You should be able to find it in most of computer places and Radio Shack.
AB sells one also: 1785-TR10BT
MANUAL

Last edited:
The last time I needed an 10BaseT/AUI transceiver, I bought a handful of old Bay Networks units for two bucks apiece. I'm still using them with PLC-5E's.

You should be able to find these inexpensively at any computer shop, even at a secondhand PC shop because they're fairly old stuff.

What's a lot harder to find is an AUI extension cable (if you don't have enough panel depth in front of the PLC-5), but even that is not impossible to find if you know what it's called.

You can find the part you need in the Black Box catalog.
Their part # is: LE2041A-R4

We usually use a cheaper generic version though.
Like the other guys said, these can be had for less money if you know where to look.