Flex I/O Analog Modules with Controlnet

drspanda

Dear All,

I have a project with PLC 5/80C controller with controlnet. The project contains several analog input flex modules 1794 series. I did not find any BTW or BTR instructions in the ladder logic. but there are N files in the project which might have programmed to have analog values converted into integers.

The issue is I want to install an analog module as well as modify the installed analog module to the PLC. The only software which we bought is RS Logix 5.

Do I require to purchase any additional software to modify and install the present setup?

I had tried in searching net and I found RSnetworx software but I am not sure.

Advance thanks to all.

RSNetworx for ControlNet software, part number 9357-CNETL3, is required to edit the I/O configuration and schedule for PLC-5C15 controllers.

It is vitally important that you determine if you have a very old PLC-5C, with "Phase 1.25" ControlNet, or a PLC-C15, with "Phase 1.5" ControlNet.

The early Phase 1.25 controllers were configured using 6200-PLC5 DOS software, or later with RSLogix 5 itself. The largest user of Phase 1.25 controllers was Solar Turbines.

Dear Ken,

Do you mean I can edit with RSLogix 5? But i have tried almost every option in that software, I didn't find the solution.
If you have a very old PLC-5C, with "Phase 1.25" ControlNet, or a PLC-C15, with "Phase 1.5" ControlNet.

The early Phase 1.25 controllers were configured using 6200-PLC5 DOS software, or later with RSLogix 5 itself.

How do I know which phase?

If it is possible with RSLogix 5 then can you post screenshot?

Regards,
drspanda

The processor type is printed on the business end of the CPU module (Example PLC5/40C 1.5 or PLC5/20C 1.25).
You could also retrieve the type from the RSLogix 5 application file Controller Properties folder, General tab, within the "Processor" place holder.
If working on a 1.5 CNet PLC 5 you cannot edit the ControlNet network configuration/scheduling using RSLogix 5.
As Ken stated, you will need RSNetWorx for ControNet (see atachment).

Last edited:
It is 1.5....

The processor type is printed on the business end of the CPU module (Example PLC5/40C 1.5 or PLC5/20C 1.25).
You could also retrieve the type from the RSLogix 5 application file Controller Properties folder, General tab, within the "Processor" place holder.

I have found it to be 1.5 from Controller Properties folder, General tab, within the "Processor" place holder. Now please guide me whether I need RSNetworx or RSLogix 5?

If RSLogix 5 is sufficient just guide me how to edit analog I/O card related inputs.
Thankyou very much for supporting.

You need RSNetworx. ControNet doesn't use BTR/BTW like the old RIO protocol did. Instead, RSNetworx configures the Remote I/O image table and scheduling of message transfers.