new card rslogix 5000

sweetjohnny

I need to add a new card to a logix 5000 rack. Do i just throw it in there, power down and throw it in of course, I guess i just assumed it would be the same as 500. WRONG.

Hi

Just to add a little,
You do not have to Power down a control logix rack to insert or remove a card it is a ture hot swap rack. Compact logix is different you have to power it down and add it in to you I/o tree of your program or your Plc will fault

Donnchadh

Similar Topics

I have tried using a card reader from RF Ideas for use with a L33ER PLC. It is not working and RF Ideas believes there is a conflict with the EDS...
Replies
Views
I need help configuring the 1794-OF41 analog output card. I already set up the input card but don't know how to configure the output card. If...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is it possible to add I/O card on controllogix controlnet network online. can I schedule the controlnet online? Further more, can I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i am trying to download a program on to a cf card before i get to the processor,if i ctrl c and then ctrl v the file from hard drive will...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to create a typical AI(Analog Input), because of that I should pull out for example the Local:x:I.ChyData for every channel(it will use...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom