Systems Integration Documents

robw53

i am after some advice on what documents are to be issued to OEM's with regards how they integrate with other equipment manufacturers with regards control philosophy, i am looking to build an AOI with all the relevant data we wish to exchange between each piece of equipment but would like some advice from somebody with experience, what is to be included in the document how it should be layed out and what type of detail should be included, maybe somebody has a tempelate they are willing to share?

i am looking at using produce/consume using a UDT format i know it may not be the most efficient way of doing it as im sure some people prefer a MSG instruction but i find P/C easier for other people to fault find.

a little more info... we will be having an L71 which will over see all the data exchange between the CompactLogix PLC's and will handle the product tracking code, but will also be the grand master clock for the compactlogix and PV+ HMI's.

Rob

i am after some advice on what documents are to be issued to OEM's with regards how they integrate with other equipment manufacturers with regards control philosophy, i am looking to build an AOI with all the relevant data we wish to exchange between each piece of equipment but would like some advice from somebody with experience, what is to be included in the document how it should be layed out and what type of detail should be included, maybe somebody has a tempelate they are willing to share?

i am looking at using produce/consume using a UDT format i know it may not be the most efficient way of doing it as im sure some people prefer a MSG instruction but i find P/C easier for other people to fault find.

a little more info... we will be having an L71 which will over see all the data exchange between the CompactLogix PLC's and will handle the product tracking code, but will also be the grand master clock for the compactlogix and PV+ HMI's.

Rob

It all depends.

Mostly, on the industry.

If this were packaging, there are standards and guidance for that.
Same with semi-conductor, and offset printing.
So, consult with industry leaders....not to mention the other equipment vendors...to see if there is already an established standard.

Here is a previous thread with more info for you.

I tend to agree with JD. Maybe if you specify your industry and process , members could be more specific with their experiences.

sorry i didnt reply sooner, its a bread making plant we are having built, so proofers, retarders, ovens, spiral coolers, bagging machines and box errecting, and closing machines.

regards

Rob