RSLogix5k Freezing when importing UDF

Tim James

Guys,
I am wondering if anyone has ever run into this. I have a nice library of user defined functions and data types I always pull from when working on projects. This has never happened to me until today, but every time I try to import a user defined function RSLogix5000 simply locks up. I gave it a good half hour and it never came back, but windows doesn't recognize it as a non-responsive program either. Only thing I can do is force it closed from task manager. I have opened projects where I know the UDFs work, exported them again to a different location and then tried to import them to my project and it freezes. I have tried importing into blank projects and it freezes. All my versioning is consistent, these UDFs were written in V19 and I am still using V19. More so, I am even on the same machine where I wrote the UDFs. I even tried writing a new test UDF that was extremely basic, exported it, and any application I try to import it into freezes. No explanation whatsoever. The exports are being saved as good xmls (can open in web browser or notepad) with .L5X file extensions.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this, because I sure never have and it's driving me nuts since it manifested totally out of the blue.

I need to upgrade to V20 anyway, but I'd like to figure out a reason why this is happening and hopefully rectify it before I do that. Thanks in advance.

Tim

I have the same problem which started about a month ago for me. I have RSLogix v19 installed on my windows 7 host machine and on an xp vm. Import fails on the windows 7 host as you describe but works fine on the xp vm.

Maybe I will try running in compatibility mode or in virtual desktop, but I have never had this issue before. Perhaps a new anomaly due to a windows update?