Omron C200HE with TS102 question?

Patrix

Hey everyone

I have a C200HE CPU42, with 2 DI (IM212), 2DO (OC226N and OD21A), 1 TS102, 1 TC001, 1 MAD01 and a free space unit SP001, in that order on the cpu rack.

Now i want to place a extra TS102 card, in the spare slot,but in the manual they say:
If possible, avoid mounting the Temperature Sensor Units in either of the two​
rightmost CPU Rack slots

Can i switch the DI and DO without re-adressing everything in the program? The AI/AO units are set with a selector indicator so those dont need adressing if switched to a different spot on the cpu-rack, if i'm correct. But can i switch the DI/DO to the right and the Analogcards the the left without losing the adressing of the DI/DO (if still placed int he same order as above)?

sorry it has been so long since I programmed the 200H
I am fairly sure the Outputs are from 100.00 on so you may be able to install the card between the DI and the DO .
but be wary of the need to change the I/O allocation - check before allowing the function of the machine

The addressing goes straight along the rack. Slot 0 is channel 0, slot 1 is channel 1, slot 2 is channel 2, slot 3 is channel 3 etcetera. If you move cards the addressing will change for the cards. The special I/O cards will have different addresses.
Open a new project in CX-P and set up the I/O table - that will show you the addressing.

Mounting the card next to processor will be ok. The warning not to do it has to do with mounting a CPU mounted communication module onto the face of the processor. As long as you do not need the "host link", you will be ok.

The manual wants you to install modules with lower heights next to the CPU. Than if you need the host link on the CPU, there will be no interference.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanx BobB and Bluebyu,

Was wondering why that slot couldn't be used, the manual doesn't say why.
I'll place the TS card on the rack and see what happens, other wise i found a old 10 space rack what i could use.

Thanx all.

Hi everyone,

Well i placed the TS102 card on the rack and gave it channel number 5. However it wont work. I replaced the excisting card with the one i wanted to use for channel 5 and set it to channel 2 and then it works, so the card is not broken. I think i made the right setting in the program but i cant get it to work. I'll placed a picture of the rung where i made the config. The rung with config for TS102 channel 2 is a exciting part of the program. I red the manual and i understand (i think) where those in and out puts stand for. AR1.02, AR1,05,6 and 7 are reset bits and the 125.05 memory error, 125.06 standby for setting, 125.00 setting error and output 120.15 temp specification enable. So i set for channel 5 the same except i used 150 in stat of 120. So my guess is i set it correctly in the program. Only i dont understand why the AR1.06 and AR1.07 is used, channel 5 is the last special i/o card used? maybe it wont work because i used the last free slot? tomorow i'll try to contact omron, but i wanted to post here first.

TS102.jpg

Bluebyu,

The I/O table isn't set at all. All the space are blank. I dont think that should be the problem. otherwise all other cards wont work either, i guess...

Contacted Omron, they had no clue. I should look at adress 155 (troubleshooter word channel 5) and call them back. Hooked pc at PLC and geuss what, the freaking card works. Dont know what happend, but suddently it all works fine o_O. Maybe when i install components on older devices then 10 years, i should wait a day and let the software and hardware get to know eachother.

everybody thanx for the input.