90-30 Power Up Sequence

pamsauto

Simple question ,but I cannot figure this out.

Using ME 5.0 and 331 CPU. How do you get the CPU to enter run mode automatically after a power loss? Currently I have to connect a laptop and start the target.

Double click your CPU under the hardware configuration, The first tab Settings, change power up mode to Run.
I am using ME 7.0 but I do not think anything has changed since 5.0

In hardware configuration double click the CPU module. Under the "Settings" tab look at the "Power-up Mode". Your choices are Run, Stop, or Last. Default is "Last" and most people see no reason to change it. That means that if it was running when power went off, it will come back up running.

If yours is set to "Stop", you can change it back to "Last" or "Run", but before you do, make an attempt to find out why somebody decided to change it from the default setting.

If yours is set to "Last" and you are typically powering up in the stopped state, then check the fault tables for both the I/O and the CPU. There could be a fault preventing it from going into run mode.