factorytalk view studio

jih6896

I am currently running in grace mode and I am using FactoryTalk SE Client to test my HMI. I am able to use buttons to use the Display command to go between pages but when I try to do the same thing using a macro it says "the command 'display' is ignored when issued from the development environment or an hmi server" Again, I am using the client and display works while using buttons. Is the issue that I am still running in grace mode?

Macro

Display WinCC_footer
Display WinCC_Main

Welcome to the Forum !

It's not an activation problem: Grace Period always has full functionality for a week.

The problem is that Macros are stored and executed on the Server, so they can only do Server-side things.

There are a handful of VBA-oriented workarounds for running commands on the Client using mechanisms other than user interface. Knowledgebase document 22007 has an example of using the Event Detector.