RSlogix10 on Win7.

Jt92gmc

We are trying to open a RSLogix program V10 on Win7. It was fatally crashing. We troubleshooted it down to the I/O tree and cut the modules out (on an XP machine). This allowed us to open the program. However if I try to add certain modules it will instantly fatal crash. Enbt adds fine, CNB adds fine, mo2ae and ib16 crash, etc. So I'm wondering if anyone has come across this and know of a way to add these modules such that V10 wont crash.

Edit I realize the title is misleading. Rslogix5000 V10

Last edited:
Hi

It's been a long time ago that I have used v10 but I do remember that it would have been on a nt machine and when I did move to xp it would have been service pack 1 as something's like the pic driver stopped working in xp after service pack two I think. Not to sure if this is the issue but it might help

Donnchadh

That version is not supported for use with Windows 7, so I'm not surprised you are having problems.

Create a Windows XP virtual machine and install V10 on the virtual machine and go from there. If you aren't familer with VM's search the sight or google.

Version 10 runs fine on win7. Your just supposed to install v20 first then install the older versions. I'm running 10 - 20 on my win7 pro 32 bit machine. I created a v10 test project and added both mo2ae and ib16 without crashing.