micrologix trouble

knucklebucket

I have been working with AB for apprx 18 years now, but everywhere I have ever worked short of a couple places everything was set in place. There is a problem here where I work. operating sys is xp with sevice pack 3, using rs lynx trying to connect with micro logix. have file on pc, using a DF1 driver which is running and not conflicting, but not seeing the processor at all. is there a compatability issue with the service pack 3. I have only been here for 6 months and the guy who has been taking care of this is basically on his way out the door and it is suspected he has screwed with the configs out of vengeance towards the company. please help

Do you have the offline program, if so check to see how the comm port is configured.

It can be configured for DF1 , DH485 or ASCII protocol.

If you can post the .RSS file ( zip it first)

SP3 does have issues with DH485 protocol, but there is a fix for that.

Regardless of whether you not conflicting do a auto configuration any ways. Sometimes I do this then exit linxs (file,exit) to see devices.

The 1747- UIC is a USB to DH485 converter, it will onlt work if the port on your ML1200
is configured for DH485 protocol. Baud rate must be the same and node address must be different.

that is what is confusing, because I have several times in the last six months been online with this processor. somethings just don't add up. anytime in the past when you auto config in driver config no problem, this one will not auto config. the cable that I am using with the 1747 is the1761-CBL-PM02. the usb light will not come on and th dh485 indicator light is not on, just the ok led is on

I'm pretty sure Auto-Configure never works when using the 1747-UIC (I remember the 1747-UIC manual actually stating that Auto-Configure must NEVER be used). It is usually set and forget.

If you have previously used Auto-Configure before then I'm thinking maybe it was with a normal USB - Serial adapter, and not a 1747-UIC which is actually a USB - DH485 converter or adapter.

Do you have a regular USB - serial adapter you can test with the 1761-CBL-PM02 cable? This is typically the usual setup for going online with an ML1200 that is configured for DF1.

The AB part number for their USB - serial adapter is 9300-USBS. Otherwise you can try any off the shelf brand like Belkin. Myself and many others around here recommend the Keyspan USA-19HS.

Last edited: