QNX on AB VersaView 1500w?

alexbeatle

Good day!

I've got image files (.img) from AB VersaView 1500w. Apparently, it is the QNX RTOS. Has anyone worked with it? Can these images be place on the VM and run of Windows to extract the program files?

Thanks,

Alex

DO you mean an AB VersaView PC? AFAIK, they run Windows XP and now some of the newer models are going to Windows 7.

DO you mean an AB VersaView PC? AFAIK, they run Windows XP and now some of the newer models are going to Windows 7.
Thanks for reply.

Yes, VersaView PC.
I've got an image file from customer that says QNX and the software is dated back to the year 2k. So it cannot be XP.

Alex

OK, how about Windows 2000 then? NT maybe. QNX is a RTOS. Software has to be specifically written for it. Is it running Rockwell Software? Which packages? Of course someone could of come along and installed QNX on it. I don't know much about it. Googling QNX and VMware, it looks like it should run. Call or email VMware to be sure.

Last edited:
OK, how about Windows 2000 then? NT maybe. QNX is a RTOS. Software has to be specifically written for it. Is it running Rockwell Software? Which packages? Of course someone could of come along and installed QNX on it. I don't know much about it. Googling QNX and VMware, it looks like it should run. Call or email VMware to be sure.

I've only got the image files and screenshots. At the bottom of one of them it says PVis, which google names as the OPC server. Can OPC be running under QNX or is it only Windows based?