Opc ae

nandgate

Dear Friends,

I want to create an OPC AE Client using MS Visual Studio 2010 (VB). I have no problems with OPC DA Client (it is working fine). But i am stuck with the Alarms and events part. Can anyone guide me with some sample code??

sorry for my bad English .

with regards,
Nand gate

Last edited:
Won't you need the specification from the OPC foundation?

What other resources do they offer?
www.opcfoundation.org/

If you have already developed the OPC client, might I suggest using an OPC server with A&E capabilities.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/kepware/alarm_and_event_option.htm

This is a "plug-in" to the server, which connects the client application to devices through its library of communications drivers.

What PLC are you using? This will determine what driver you will need for the server, thus enabling you to use the Alarms and Events plug-in.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Disclosure - ESI is a Kepware distributor.

I am using Simatic Net OPC Server (which is communicating with a Siemens PLC on Ethernet) and my manager is not interested in buying a new server (cause there is a provision for A & E in Simatic net). I am through with the configuration part, i need help only with the code.

Sorry for my bad english