The data is read only

finskhan

I create a project in Simatic S7 V5.3.Now i install S7 v5.5 on my PG.But the project that i create in V V5.3 just open in V5.5 and i cant changes in program.A massage is appeared "The data is read only." Kindly tell me how can i convert a project created in v5.3 to V5.4.

When does the message "Data is read only" appear? Is it when you try to view the PLC properties from the main project window? If so, open the hardware configuration first and then view the properties of the PLC from there.

As far as I know, at least it has never happened to me, that all projects created in a previous version are readable in any later version...pretty much as all software.

When i open any FC that is programmed then this massage is appear and when i open hardware configuration then No changes can be made in this station massage is appear.

Are you sure you are no trying to open an FC that is know-how protected?

Try to create a new FC in the project. Does it allow you to?

Now i install S7 v5.5 on my PG.But the project that i create in V V5.3 just open in V5.5 and i cant changes in program.A massage is appeared "The data is read only."

Sorry your first post was a little confusing

when i open that program which i program in S7 V5.4 it is ok no problam

And now I'm lost

You have V5.4?
The project you made was in V5.3?
You cannot open the project in V5.4?

Is this correct?

It sounds like that particular project is maybe corrupted?

You could try right-clicking on the Blocks folder and choosing Check Block Consistency and then Compile All... not sure if it will work.

You could also try archiving and retrieving your project?

Or just Save As another name and try that?

Does your project require any add on software?
Check the properties for it and check the required software.

now its ok i create a new name of project then copy all my original project in new project.

Thanks to All

Last edited: