Step7 Micro/WIN dealing with Strings

AndriusS

Problem 1:
I'm concatenating some information as I go to a symbol, let's say, VB50. After I send the info to the touch panel, I need to reset it so I just do:
SCPY   0, VB50

As in STR_CPY 0 to VB50 (I do Ladder, not STL, it's just for easier reading in forums).
Thing is, it only "resets" the first address not the whole string. If the string is not on the short side, it won't clean other addresses.
Or am I doing something wrong with this? Not sure how I could do a loop to STR_CPY 0 to all the close addresses.

Problem 2:
Is there a way I could force UTF-8 (specifically, Lithuanian) letters into strings? Or is it a problem in WinCC Flexible? It seems to render Lithuanian letters fine when I just write them directly there.

Thanks for the help ;)

For clearing some memory you could use a series of MOV_B or MOV_W or MOV_DW or a quicker way is to use the table function FILL_N. FILL_N lets you fill a number of Words with a value.

Don't know enough about UTF-8 to help on that, except that the PLC just holds ASCII values in memory it doesn't know or care what character set it is written in.

http://www.asciitable.com/