Schneider SR2B201B Zelio soft 2 question

glplc_007

I'm not familiar with this software at all. I have most of the ladder logic working except for the fact that I need two pumps to alternate, or flip flop, run times.

switch 1 - on - no pumps
switch 2 - on - pump1 on
switch 2 - off - pump1 on
switch 1 - off - pump1 off
switch 1 - on - no pumps
switch 2 - on - pump2 on
switch 2 - off - pump2 on
switch 1 - off - pump2 off
reset

I can get either the first pump to run, or both pumps running together, but I cannot get them to flip flop. I'm sure I'm just not putting something in the right place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The EZ-Soft alternator or flip-flop could be similar to your previous alternator that you done on the ZEN PLC.

The problem is with your definition of Switches 1 and 2. Are those switch events supposed to happen in a sequence, or what?

For example, for each step you are redefining what each switch is supposed to DO. Are you sure that the switches are not supposed to be 8 parallel "sets" of sequential events, like the table below?

| INPUTS | OUTPUTS
STEP | Switch 1 | Switch 2 | Pump 1 | Pump 2
1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 _
2 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 _
3 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 _
4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 _
5 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 _
6 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 _
7 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 _
8 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 _

If the above is how it is supposed to be, then you can do the job without an alternator or flip-flop. One method would be to use Step Relays

switch 1 - on - no pumps
switch 2 - on - pump1 on
switch 2 - off - pump1 on
switch 1 - off - pump1 off
switch 1 - on - no pumps
switch 2 - on - pump2 on
switch 2 - off - pump2 on
switch 1 - off - pump2 off
reset

If the sequential events required by you is the same as assumed by Lancie in his following table:

| INPUTS | OUTPUTS
STEP | Switch 1 | Switch 2 | Pump 1 | Pump 2
1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 _
2 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 _
3 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 _
4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 _
5 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 _
6 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 _
7 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 _
8 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 _

..then the Ladder shown below will achieve it.Since I have never programmed in Zelio Soft 2, there may be instructions in it that will enable you to implement the same logic in a more compact manner.

Pump.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Kallileo. Using a flip-flop may be what GL''s instructor has in mind to solve the problem. But as Anirban demonstrated, it can be solved with a One-Shot and a simple memory bit that indicates that "Pump 1 Was On" (or "Pump 1 Has Run Previously").

Do you know how to add descriptions to your Zeliosoft instructions to make them more interesting and readable? It is all Greek to me.

I can get either the first pump to run, or both pumps running together, but I cannot get them to flip-flop.
GL, do you really have to use a flip-flop or alternatiing logic? Is that a requirement for the problem?

Last edited:
This line will work as a T-Flip Flop, not a RS-type Flip-Flop.
I think you must be talking about the real electronic flip-flop devices.

Unfortunately, what many of these PLC guys call a "flip-flop" is an American slang or colloquial term for PLC logic that first does one thing, then another thing the second time, then repeats. I like to call this "alternator" logic, instead of flip-flop logic. The term Flip-Flop was already taken for another device, as you know.

Last edited: