Text usage in Omron CPM2-C

xarisss

Hello there,

I have a text, which I'd like to send through RS232C to another device from my Omron CPM2-C. I am intending to use TXD(48) function. The question is how I can create a string variable, or some string variables, so as to insert the text. I cannot find any option to create a string value. Has anyvody dealt with this?
Thank you in advance...

I think the only way you could send text is via HEX coded values. I also doubt that would be available on the CPM CPU
normally you code a bit to represent the text srting similar to the screen alarm codes

Typically string data would be entered into the DM memory area.
As iant indicated, you can enter the hex values for the ASCII characters, or you may be able to enter the ASCII directly using the memory editor tool in your programming software.

Hope this will help.

Thank you both for your posts.
For example, let's say I want to send "ABCDEFD/+2_www". How may I assign this string to a DM memory area through CX-Programmer?

Your TXD instruction will have a Source memory area specified.
This will be the beginning memory location for your string data.
In CX-P, in the Project Tree, go to the Memory component.

When the dialog box opens, select the memory area from the list on the left. When the table opens, go to the desired memory location.

From the icons choose the ASCII radix (lower case a).
You should now be able to enter your string data directly.
Make sure you transfer the data to plc memory.

Hope this will help.

these are the Omron Ascii commands you are very limited so the layout you want will have a large number of program lines