RSLogix5000 V20 slow?

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ever since I upgraded RSLogix5000 to V20 it has been really slow to load (well over a minute to start the program), and really slow to open files. The start page is ridiculously sluggish, with the panel taking up to ten seconds to slowly roll back to the left window frame. Once I get the PLC program open everything seems to be normal speed.

Has anyone else notice it? Is this normal behavior?

I've noticed something similar when changing from different versions or if I'm running two instances, one of them v20 and the other something older but not exactly as you describe. Are you running v20.01 ?

I have same problem with this version 20, how to make this things work faster, i7 with 10G RAM cant help this software.. huh!!..