OT window manager for Win7

rpoet

A bit off topic:
I'm searching for a program that will load on startup and serve to open several programs - two IE windows looking at IP cameras and another application. Ideally, it would place the windows onscreen where it was told, without the operator having to manually resize and drag the various windows to the two monitors that are part of this computer. My Google-foo is weak this morning, and I can't think of a search string that brings up any useful results.

Any suggestions?

rpoet

AutoHotkey is a great tool for desktop automation.

The WinMove command in AHK will let you set the size and location of a windowed program. I haven't specifically done this with IE windows, but it's almost certainly within the capabilities of AHK.

AutoHotkey is a great tool for desktop automation.

The WinMove command in AHK will let you set the size and location of a windowed program. I haven't specifically done this with IE windows, but it's almost certainly within the capabilities of AHK.

+1 on the AHK recommendation. It really is a handy tool. You should be able to accomplish what you want within an hour or two of installing the software.