DEIF AGC on Profibus with S7

orense

Hello,

I'm currently running a Siemens 300 plc as a Profibus Master.
There is a Deif AGC connected as a Slave, and I am reading out data from it.

There is an Active Energy Counter (kWh) parameter in the Deif, which is split into two Words, and they are HI and LOW.

I am trying to read this into a DB in the Siemens machine, but am having problems with the HI and LOW. The values do not make sense.

Has anybody read out this type of data from Deif units before, and can tell me what the HI/LOW means?

I load them out like this:

example:

L PIW314
T DB12.DBW26

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Exact type number of the Deif device ?
Surely there must be a manual for the thing.

A guess is that the two words are actually a double integer (DINT).
Maybe the bytes are swapped.
Maybe it is an unsigned DINT.
Maybe it is an unsigned DINT with the bytes swapped.
Hard to tell with no more info.

Post the contens of the 4 bytes as HEX values.

Thanks guys,

I fiddled around with the bytes, and they were swapped.
The I got the same value as I could see on the device, and it matched.
Putting all of them into a vat table, and looking for those that changed, showed how they are placed in the DB...

:D