RS5000 Scan Time

dfreerks

Is there a system tag that returns the last scan time or max scan timein Logix 5000? I have been unable to find anything in the documentation

Most status information in the ControlLogix needs to be pulled from the controller OS into user tags using the Get System Variable (GSV) instruction.

The Program object has "Last Scan Time" and "Max Scan Time" attributes, and the Task object has those plus StartTime, Overlap Count, and Max and Minimum Interval values.

If you're looking to monitor these values on an HMI (PV+ in particular), RSLinx Enterprise has Pre-Defined Items like @CLXMaxScanTime and @CLXPresentScanTime.

If you don't need the scan time for use in a program but you just want to see it then in RSLogx5000 right click the program in the project tree and select properties. Open the monitor tab. You can see the scan in real time.

If you use the task monitor tool then you can see all the programs at once in real time.