safeload device help

dinetech

I'm looking for a safeload device other than using ct with analog card on a plc. current range is 10 amps. I use to remember a AB current relay w/time delay which is not longer sold? I'm not comfortable using a PLC monitoring the equipment. Your help is greatly appreciated.

In the terminology I'm familiar with, a "safe load" device has to do with cranes. But it doesn't sound like you're referring to one of those.

Are you talking about a conventional 3-phase overload relay, or a single-phase monitoring relay of some type ?

Describe more about the application, especially about the safety aspects.

the current relay in on one phase of the 3 phase after the starter. safety relay that senses a jump in current it shuts off the equipment. this equipment is a Industrial conventional Oven (tray). so its important before it tries to destroy itself?
The problem I have in the plant is no one understands the PLC. a simple device could be install and reset. Second the HMI don't display the current instinctively. this display should have a analog meter so you see the jam up.

the current relay in on one phase of the 3 phase after the starter. safety relay that senses a jump in current it shuts off the equipment. this equipment is a Industrial conventional Oven (tray). so its important before it tries to destroy itself?
The problem I have in the plant is no one understands the PLC. a simple device could be install and reset. Second the HMI don't display the current instinctively. this display should have a analog meter so you see the jam up.

A monitoring relay like this could be used http://www.phoenixcontact.com/onlin...14-10-01/ccbba64a-0174-4263-8175-b4d204099b69

or something that provides an analogue out. I've used many of these over the years.
http://www.synctek.com.au/LMR10a.html