SLC 5/03 Error 56h

deemon113

Hey all, I am having some trouble with a SLC 5/03 processor with a 13 slot rack. It goes into a fault everytime I set it to run. The fault code is 56h.

The description is "The rack configuration specified in the user program is detected as being incorrect."

I have tried setting up a new program to read the I/O config but all it gives me is an invalid rack configuration error.

Any ideas? I am leaning towards the rack itself currently as I have tried another processor and it gave me the same fault trying to read the configuration.

Tried reseating all the cards, while the power was off, I can try reloading them all manually. I cleared the CPU memory and reloaded the program but it came up with the same thing.

It was a running system. It is a food packaging machine so possibly the PLC got wet.

I ended up changing out the rack and it took off after that. Of course we only had a 10 slot rack to replace the 13 slot rack. Luckily it only used 9 cards. Only had to reconfigure the outputs for one card.

Anywho, thanks for taking the time to help out. I appreciate it.