New Project RSLogix5000 V20 or V19?

Bob O

How reliable/stable is RSLogix5000 V20 with the L7X series of controllers? I have a project starting that requires a number of controllers and we were planning on using the L71 but when setting up the project my only option with the L71 was firmware 20. I really don’t want to head down that road if it is unreliable or unstable because I have enough problems in my life and no need to pile it on.

Edit...L72 on up you can use V19

Thanks for any feedback,
Bob O.

I've got one system (version 20)with 3 L71's in one rack with 4 more systems in the works. It's been running 4 or 5 months with no problem. I have 8 servos and between 9 and 19 power flex drives as well as a Panelview. I also have 3 servo modules running at a 1/2 millisecond scan time. The L71's are the same price as the L61's for us. I have not had any issues although on one processor, the led's that scroll the IP address quit working. A-B replaced it that day.

Mark,
My systems are very simple compared to yours so that is good. I won’t have drives or motion in these applications just PV+, local I/O and remote I/O racks communicating over Ethernet.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bob

Mark,
My systems are very simple compared to yours so that is good. I won’t have drives or motion in these applications just PV+, local I/O and remote I/O racks communicating over Ethernet.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bob

We have had issues with upgrading existing control systems to v20 firmware. That was with L61 plcs with large Kinetix racks on Sercos, lots of AOIs and UDTs.
For a new application with L7x cpu's, I would say that you will be very pleased with v20 performance.