RSLogix 5 to 500 AFI question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I was trying to use an AFI instruction for troubleshooting a problem with a system controled by a SLC500. It has a 5/03 processor. I couldn't an option to use the AFI in the RSLogix 500, like I have in my RSLogix 5 software. Is this just something that is not available for the RSLogix 500? Thank you

and remember that the AFI instruction (even a "roll-your-own" version) does NOT keep the rung from executing ... the AFI just executes as FALSE ... what the other instructions on the rung happen to DO with that false logic depends on what other instructions are being used ...

specifically, an AFI rung is not "disabled" and it is not "deactivated" - at least not in the same sense that we humans usually interpret the words "disabled" and "deactivated" ...

more specifically, the processor does NOT just "skip over" a rung with an AFI instruction on it ...

Is there a way to get it to skip over a rung? That is what I'm trying to achieve. Thank you Mickey for that info. Ron, yes I remember from both of my trips to South Carolina that it still executes that rung, all it does is make the inputs always false.

If you want it to skip over the rung then deleite the rung in edit mode,then test the edit but do not accept it just cancel the edit when you are done. Be carefull and dont delete the rung.

If you want it to skip over the rung then deleite the rung in edit mode,then test the edit but do not accept it just cancel the edit when you are done. Be carefull and dont delete the rung.

well, you meant to say "don't ASSEMBLE it" (instead of "don't ACCEPT it") but the basic idea is correct ... in fact, that's the way we do it in our classroom exercises ...

the JMP and LBL approach can be left in place - pretty much indefinitely - and can be used when the processor won't allow online edits ...