Software

chukyonas

C
Can anyone pls give me an explnation of field devices,softwware and communication links of a PLC

Well, Chucky, you really should simplify your question. For example, "Can someone provide a complete online course in PLCs at no charge?" would have better identified what you are asking. Another possibility would have been "I can't be bothered to read the banner at the top describing the 'Online Tutorial' much less go through it, so could someone distill it for me here so I have to exert the minimum possible amount of effort?" Or even "I know so little I don't have any idea how absurdly broad the questions I am asking are, so could you go ahead and spend your time so I can save mine?"

If you are a student, go to your text for the course.

If you are not a student, you are old enough to know better.

(Phew! I had all that spleen backing up, and now I feel better!)

From the HNC requirements:

Suggested reading

Bolton W – Programmable Logic Controllers (Butterworth-Heinemann, 2000) ISBN 0750647469
Dunning G – Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers (Delmar, 2002) ISBN 0766817687

I'm note sure if this person qualifies for this title, but if you asked a question like this in some computer forums I have visited you are called a "troll", asking questions just to get get people riled up.