Backup Panelview Plus Screen

Tim Ganz

I am working with panelview plus and I want to backup files on the panelview.

I put in a thumb drive and used the copy files option on the panelview to copy 2 applications to the thumb drive but i want to back them up on my laptop computer so can i just put the thumb drive in and copy yhrm to the laptop or do i have to do something with the ME software?

Hey Tim,

In order to back up the runtime that is in your PanelView, you do not need to use any software. You can do just as you are about to with one possible caveat: PanelViews, in my experience, are hit and miss with USB thumb drives. At least on the older ones (pre 6.0). Worst case is that it won't see the drive as "external storage 2".

If it doesn't see it, then you can use a compact flash card (or SD card if it is the newer 6.0 hardware).

The .mer (Runtime) applications you have retrieved from the HMI terminal are to be "handled" just as any "generic" files; the only caution to be observed is that you will have to be using the same thumb drive directory created at the moment of the .mer back-up(Rockwell Software\RsViewME\Runtime) when copying the files between the HMI/Laptop to the USB drive.
Unless you want to edit the applications you do not need FTV; if you need to edit them, they will have to be at least Rev.5.0 and they will have to be "Restored" via FTV Application Manager.