Seimens MCC and micromaster drives with profibus setup

jtashaffer

I have 4 seimens micromaster drive that are link by profibus. They are part of a whole MCC system. The problem is when one faults then they all fault or the whole profibus communication faults and you have to reset the PLC. It doesn't happen all the time but I am pretty sure it is in the profibus setup. Any input or ideas would help.

I forget what the fault number was. I also have an altivar 61 e-flex tied to the profibus system and when the micromaster drives fault it faults to. It says communication fault.

That you have to reset the PLC to clear the fault is not normal. What PLC is it then ?
I think you should provide full details of the complete system. What you have come up with until now is useless for troubleshooting.

He probably means it goes to Stop mode
But I'm assuming :)
and I assume the OB's are not loaded to prevent this
A lot of assuming :)

The system is a Siemens tristar smart MCC but it is modified with an Allen Bradley contrologix PLC . Each bucket is link with a profibus network with smartoverloads. There are 4 micromaster vids with profibus connection and one stand alone altivar 61 e-flex with profibus connection. The problem as I stated before is that when one of the drives faults then they all fault. The micromasters give the same code and the altivar gives communication fault. I believe the fault for the micromaster states about the same thing. When I say the whoe system has to be reset is when drives go in to fault sometimes the panel view will frezze up too. I just think the profibus communication is off but I don't know. Any ideas.

jtashaffer.
So far you have briefly described in words how the system manifest itself. In order to troubleshoot anything, EXACT information is needed about what you have. If you post on a forum for help it is prudent to provide as much as this information up front in the first post. We should not have to pry this information from you.
The information I am asking about is for example: Exact type numbers for ALL the equipment in question (not just "Contrologix" or "micromaster"). Physical network details, cable lengths, terminations... Network settings, such as baudrate, busprofile... EXACT error codes on all the devices in question.

I have a feeling that this is simply way over your head. No offense.
Profibus problems can be hard to pinpoint. On top of that, since it is put together by diverse manufacturers equipment, it is even more difficult to get into. You have to know profibus, and you have to know how to program the profibus master (SST card in the Controllogix rack ?), as well as all the profibus slaves.

Someone has put this system together. Contact that person or company and get them to help.