RS Linx OPC & Factory Talk View ME

Jayden

Hi All,

I have the following scenario:

• Rslinx DF1 driver using a Modem dialer for remote PLC connection. 3G Modem at both ends.
  • Factory Talk View ME software using the Runtime Application on the Computer to view the application.
  • Data transfered between Factory Talk View and RSlinx via RSlink OPC.
I set this up for a client who wanted a quick, cheap, and basic Scada Application for a remote device. I tested this on his Laptop at our workshop and it seemed to work fine. Now the laptop is interstate, they are having some issues. Analogue values seem to be OK but the digital itmes such as on/off status indicators seem to be flicking from On - Off - On etc every 30 secs to 2 Mins when they should be on Solid like the PLC bits that are being monitored.

Im hoping this may be a latentcy issue that can be fixed by changing some settings in RSlinx. I have been looking at the Polled messages setting and limit Maximum Packets setting in the DDE/OPC Topic configuration but am unsure if this will help or what they should be set to.

Can anyone give some advise on what could be the solution ?

(Id love to go to an IP based system but the client does not want to spend the money on parts, site visit etc)