data buffer between CompactLogix/PanelView and PC

ryrzu

Hi!
CompactLogix gets data every 10sec and i need to send it to PC, but when connection with PC breaks (i.e. PC shutdown/reset) i need to store data and then send it to PC when it'll come back online. How to do this? I have CompactLogix L1 series and PanelViwe Plus Compact 600. Is it possible to use them as data buffer? ( i know micrologix have datalogging but their memory is little short) Or do i have to use some other devices to store data?

How long are your outages, and how much data do you need to store?

I handle that by making up a UDT with my data points, and a timestamp. Then I make an array of those UDT's, and use a FIFO (with FFL/FFU) to buffer the data.

Load the data into the FIFO with FFL every time it is needed. Use FFU to unload the FIFO anytime the PC connection is up. You will probably have to interlock the FFU to your messaging to the PC (as in, don't advance the FFU until the last message has completed).