Crash course Eplan P8

adamplc

Just wondered if anybody had any good videos (in english) of starting out with eplan p8 electrical??

Got to do a crash course, but don't really want to read 1700 pages of the manual!! but I have started to read it đź“š :sick:

Thanks in advance.

I guess need to go to class for this, but currently have to get this done.
Perhaps somebody can help me on this problem. I have used the wrong page template and need to change to something else. I guess the correct name is plot frame name (went from GB_A0_001 changing it to FN1_011) . When I select the new template everything that is created is to big and sits outside the page. How do I resize everything to fit the smaller template.

Thanks for any pointers

Hi Adam, I don't have eplan on this computer, so this is off the top of my head, but if you right click on the page on the left hand side and go to properties. You can change the page type and scale in there.

Thanks to you both will try the resizing option, sure it can be resized someway.
Must say this eplan isn't something you can learn by yourself!!

i am using elwin too
and for this resizing change the template size, so all symbols can be placed, however if you use a plot template you do not have to worry on size as it will resize automatic.

Crash Course,

Just wondered if anybody had any good videos (in english) of starting out with eplan p8 electrical??

Got to do a crash course, but don't really want to read 1700 pages of the manual!! but I have started to read it đź“š :sick:

Thanks in advance.

Hi, have you looked at you tube, there is a lot of helpful videos and tutorial, Ive been Eplan using for 14 months now and it has taken me all this time to just start using it correctly, this was inclusive of a 5 day training course to show us the basics, Its not something you can pick up and put down, you need a steady flow of exposure and you'll crack it. I would say about 3-6 months of continuous use and tweeking to reports/database setup/ parts tree setup/plot frame set up etc.. the list and configuration is massive. if you need any help setting up plot frames etc zip up a project and email me i'll go through it and help create a template for a starting basis for you.