How do I connect to a SLC-5/02

fishenguy

How can I connect to a SLC-5/02 that has a Panel View Plus 600 connected to it? I want to leave the PV connected and get on line to the CPU and maybe do some on-line editing. I need to know what cables and/or adapters if needed.
I'll be using my laptop USB port with a 9300-USBS.
Thanks and many Regards,
Dave

How can I connect to a SLC-5/02 that has a Panel View Plus 600 connected to it?

Hi Dave,

In short you can't... the 5/02 only has one port and if your PV is hooked to it you will need to remove the PV

You can set them up on a DH485 network using a AIC, but a simple connection is out unless the PV has a pass through and I don't think they do

edit: see here for the manual on a 1747-AIC it has the ways listed

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1747-in062_-mu-p.pdf

Last edited:
Also the 5/02 does NOT support on line edits. At least that is the way I recall it. It has been a LONG time since I worked on one.

Maybe someone else can confirm or deny this?

RSL

That is correct, RSL. No online editing for the SLC 500, 5/01, or 5/02. If that is the purpose, then it is doomed from the start. For online editing, it would be best to swap out the 5/02 to at least a 5/03.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for quick answers. I think you're right that the 5/02 doesn't support online editing. I was really hoping to watch what was going on and use the PV at the same time. I guess I'll try to get to it when production isn't running.
Thanks again, Dave