Red Lion Crimson 3.0 Internal Alarm Tags

Galaniz

The alarms ticker has the ability to show when an alarm is active and when an alarm is unacknowledged. Does anyone know if I can access the unacknowledged tags that red lion uses to show that an alarm has not been acknowledged? TO better explain, I have a customer who has requested an annuciator style HMI screen to display a gird of interlocks. When the interlock is active, it is easy enough to change the color of the annuciator.
When the alarm is resloved, but not acknowledged the pertinent annuciator should blink indicating that the interlock tripped but is still unsolved.

I can easily do this in the PLC, but I was wondering if there was a way to utlize the HMI info that already knows that an alarm occured but was unacknowledge.

To further clarify, I am aware that the alarm view window does almost everything I am asking to be done in the annuciator grid, but I don't make the rule, I just do what they tell me to.

THanks,

Gabe

If you look at the alarm tab for the tag, under event mode you'll see three fields labeled On Active, On Clear, On Accept. You can put an expression or a tag in these fields and then use those tags in your grid display.

Tip: In Crimson click on one of those fields and press the F1 key. A balloon will appear giving you details on what the field does.

Last edited:
Good luck, and if you have any questions be sure and come back. Crimson 3 takes a little getting used to, but once you figure it out its got a lot of power.

Okay Mr. TConnoly I have another question. I imported my L5K file with my gaurdlogix tags but all my DO bit tags are referenced as DINTs in the the Crimson. Will they still work as BOOLs or do I have to changed them somehow? I still haven't figured out how to changed the datatype of a tag imported from an L5k file.

Thanks

DO addresses are word addresses so you need to specify a bit. In the tag configuration sheet, enter the WORD address of your IO card. Then in the Treat As field choose Bit Array Little Endian. Then set the bit number of the IO point.

In the attached picture I have a tag called PumpFaultInd. In the CLX program for this particular application there is an array of DINTS called RedlionG3Data.

The pump fault bit is bit three in the sixth word of the array, eg the pump fault bit is RedlionG3Data[5].3

This screen shot shows how the Crimson tag is configured.

tjc02152013-1.JPG