Source Protection Lockout

JiNCs

Hey forum folk,
Need help with an issue of AB Source Protection.
A workmate recently wrote a program and enabled source protection. He is now on another project and I will finish the programming. I have the same version of RSLogix 5000 as he, v20, the latest program he developed and the AB Source Protection folder with the sk.dat file that allows him access on his computer.
However when I try accessing the program routines they are in grey and I get the message “source not available.”
How do I enable the protection on my laptop so I can access the program routines?

Thanks
JiNCs

Thanks Mark.

I have a folder called 'AB Source Protection' in the root directory of C drive with the sk.dat file in it. This is how my workmates computer is set up and works.
Is there anything else I need to do to 'enable' the file (sk.dat) to be read.

Thanks
JiNCs

You need to have this option actually installed on your computer. In RSLogix5000 to check this go to "Tools - Security - Configure Source Protection".

If that does not exist you need to install it, just pop in your installation cd and check the option, can't remember what it is called, but should be obvious.

Once you have it installed, go to "Tools - Security - Configure Source Protection" and it will pop up a window in which you will need to specifiy the file path where your SK.dat file resides. At that point it will be visible to you.

Surprised that if your co-worker set this up originally he couldn't just tell you what to do.