How to reset the B&R system 2005 PLC

Henry Siswant

Dear Sirs,

I faced problem of the a.m PLC B&R system 2005
The PLC is applied on the m/c connected to the Windows NT application program.
When the app. program started, the error message "error E 4808" that describe the PLC comunication occur.
The PLC is at "run" mode.
Please, Can anyone inform me the procedure how to reset the PLC?
Thanks.

Hello,
here (link)you can download a user manual of the System 2005 CPUs. Normaly this type of CPU has a small Reset-Button protected behind the door. You need a tool to press the button as it is hidden a bit behind the surface.... Pressing the button results in a hardware reset (maybe you have to power off/on afterwards the CPU to make it run again).

For your problem you should check the LED signaling the data transfer on the CPU. if there is no blinking, the problem may be on the computer or the cable. E4808 means no connection to the PLC. Only if there is a blinking on the CPU would suggest data arrive on the CPU but are not processed.

Did somebody install/change programs on the NT-machine ? Was something changed in the enviroment of the System ?

Good luck.

br
bb