SLC 5/04 communication problems

Caheragh

Hi everyone, I have a machine using a SLC 5/04 processor and has a dial up modem ( no longer used ) attached to the serial port. I do not have a copy of the program to see how it is configured. I have not had any luck with serial port communication.

I am using a belkin usb to serial adapter and a null modem cable.

Device manager is seeing the adapter and I have no problem getting on line with any 5/03 processors. I have tried all the baud rates. When I use Auto configure I get a message check cable and parity settings.

Any ideas?

Thank you

The CPU Serial port is configured to communicate with the old modem thus not accepting DF-1 traffic.
You will need to use the processor's DH+ communications port in order to access the CPU application file.
Do you have a 1784-PCMK (laptop) communications adapter? They've been discontinued but you might be able to secure one on eBay.
The 1784-PKTX desktop adapter has also been discontinued, but I am sure there are plenty old ones out there.
Otherwise, the only available PC DH+ interface is the ungodly expensive 1784-U2DHP (USB-to-DH+) adapter- $2780 list!!!...:D

Thankyou for the quick reply.

I was afraid this was going to be the route.

If I buy a PCMK card what cable do I need? will this plug into the 3pin DH+ port?