Java application with ML1400

Good evening Sirs,

I'm learning a little bit of Java programmin on university this semester, and our professor asked us to develop a Java application to do anything we'd like to do.
Well, I'd like to develop some kind of HMI to communicate beetween my PC and a ML1400 via ethernet.

The point is: does the AB has some driver to communicate beetween Java and MLs?
Does anyone have a javascript sample to help me communicating and reading/writing values from the PLC?

Thanks in advance.

Modbus is pretty much the universal middle ground for logic controller communication. And the MicroLogix 1400 supports Modbus/TCP protocol natively on the Ethernet port.

So I agree strongly with recommendations that you use a Modbus/TCP library for Java.

Modbus is pretty much the universal middle ground for logic controller communication. And the MicroLogix 1400 supports Modbus/TCP protocol natively on the Ethernet port.

So I agree strongly with recommendations that you use a Modbus/TCP library for Java.

Ken (Sorry for going out of topicis) Is this native protocol make the port reserved only for modbus or it can do both and continue to serve on ethernet ip and a programming port at the same time ? (I have seen for modbus RTU a while ago but tcp sound quite new ?)
Is this now implemented to other processor like ML1100 or compact series ?

For the Siemens 1200, the java script configuration reside in the processor itself so you can type the plc ip adress on the network browser and reach the plc web server.

Last edited: