Global Objects and Animations

Fred R

I have created a global object in FactoryTalk, and added the object to a display. After testing I have realized that the animations where wrong and have updated them on the global object. The one I added to my display did not update with the new animations, will the animations update automatically or do I have to do it manually?​

Bump...

I'm having a similar issue with a Global Object not updating on every display that uses it. Anyone know a solution for this?

Global Objects

What I started doing was to close out of the screen that was using the objects I was changing and then make the changes and reopen the screens.

-Fred

Yes, as long as you have the reference objects set to be linked to the global, then the copies, or reference objects, will update at runtim, even if tthey don't appear to in development.
Frustratingly, they also don't update with the Test Display utility unless you first close and then re-open the display(s)