WinCC flexible 2008 Standard installation problems

I am currently trying to install WinCC Flexible 2008 Standard on a windows 7 32-bit machine. In theory this should be straight forward however the installation stops when installing SQL server 2005 express. The following error message is generated:

The following program could not be installed:
Microsoft SQL server Express Edition SP4
Setup cannot complete the installation.

Unknown MSI Error Code: 148

Any suggestions on what I need to do install this software will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Shane

Wincc Error.jpg

I have tried 1.4 of the section that you posted as this seems to be the only section that is applicable to my issue, but the same error occurs. Do you have any more ideas?

Did the deinastallation of the various MSSQL components go through ? Or did it fail for some reason ?
What other programs are on the PC that could be using MSSQL ?

I have a number of rockwell devices using SQL 2008 R2.

MSSQL Server 2008 R2, doesn't appear to uninstall I get a message that a WMI has failed (see attached).

It does not provide anymore deatils.

SQL2008 Error.jpg

So the Rockwell software use MSSQL 2008, and WinCC Flexible uses MSSQL 2005.

Maybe try to deinstall all Rockwell Software (!), then install WinCC Flexible and only then install the Rockwell Software.

RA FactoryTalk View Studio 6.1 is running "on-top" of the MSSQL 2008!
I don't know what to tell you...I heve personally learned (the hard way of course!) to keep Siemens Software as "far away" as possible from any Rockwell Automation stuff, especially FTVS.
You might need to try running one or several VMs (VMware would be my brand choice) and segregate the software families.
Unfortunately, I see you have a 32-bit machine...:mad:
I wouldn't attempt running VMs on 32-bit Host OSs; 64-bit and at least 8GB of RAM would be my "mimimum".

i run both on the same computer but under xp...Siemens soft was installed first then RS+FT and the only thing is to manage with RSlynx and siemens driver trying to use same ports.
I made a CCcleaning and had to re-install some SQL package for wincc and tia but when you pass thru installation, it works fine.
I just have to shutdown rslynx when using Siemens and it take control back when using RS again