RSLogix 5000 v10, offline stored data

Tharon

I have a project made in RSLogix 5000, v10. It has an Array of UDTs, used to store 500 recipes. I have to modify the UDT to create new values to store with each recipe.

If I modify a UDT that is in use, it resets the values all to zero. So instead I created a new UDT with everything the old one had plus the new stuff needed.

Now I need to copy all my old recipe data into the correct places in the new recipe data. I don't think I can do a direct copy because array sizes don't match (or maybe I can?) And manually copying each piece of data from recipe to recipe in the offline project is not practical. I tried exporting the tag database but didn't see the stored offline values in the CSV file.

I'm thinking of creating a small temporary section in the program that would just index through the old recipe array one at a time and copy each piece of data separately into the correct destination in the new recipe array. Would this be the most efficient way to do it?

I'm thinking of creating a small temporary section in the program that would just index through the old recipe array one at a time and copy each piece of data separately into the correct destination in the new recipe array. Would this be the most efficient way to do it?

This would work
The other way is to save the project as L5K which is a text file and then modify it there