CompactLogix L30ER Ethernet configuration

TheClint

Hello,

I have a simple question that i hope has a simple solution. I am writing code for a multi drive mode system, PF40. My problem is I have a lot of alias tags to make, and since I do not have the processor and wont for another month I cannot alias them to the com card I/O.

Logix5000 wants me to go online with the processor in order to setup the port configuration for the ethernet. Until I do this I cannot add a 22-comm module to the ethernet config.

I would like to be able to alias all of these tags as i create them. Is there anyway to set up logix to allow me to configure my processor ethernet ports without having the processor?

thanks

I have just created an RSL5K 1769-L30ER Rev.20 project and added a Multi Drive via 22-COMM-E module. I have been prompted only about the Module's Name and IP Address!
Where exactly are you trying to add the module within the hardware tree? Right-click the Ethernet network and Add-Module...See dmroeder's pic...

easy fix, thanks.

I was under the impression that you had to add the module under the controller, as you would with a scanner. thanks

The 5730 CompactLogix on-board Ethernet port is not part of the 1769-Bus virtual backplane; any Local hardware modules will be added to the 1769-Bus while any EtherNet/IP networked modules will be added to the Ethernet subnet.

Hello every one !!! how to establish cross load for L3OER. I configure 1 topic for primary,2 for secondary, and alias topic 3 which include both topic 1 & 2.but at a time any 1 topic is lock.whenever i off 1 PLC topic automatically switch over to 1 to 2 and a vice-versa,Both topics are not locked together. So i think crossload is not establish.

please give me solution if any on my id [email protected] or here

Thanks
anand

Please do not post unrelated questions to an existing thread. Go back to the main Q&A page and use the New Thread button:

newthread.gif

Moderator Request: Please wait for the new thread to be created and do not post responses to this thread.